In this article, we feature various troubles and headaches customers run into when dealing with pool fencing. Get the best direction for your pool fence along with common questions customers have about protecting their family’s safety around the pool. Click here to find out how the team at Jay Fencing can help you get your pool fence hassle-free and at the best price.
Pool safety can be tricky but you don’t have to tackle it alone. To kickstart our list of pool fencing tips here is a video from a legal advisor on how to protect the safety of your family and friends.
Pool Fencing Tips to Avoid Headaches, Hassles, and Fines
Lessons learned are invaluable, particularly when others have already paid for the lesson. Below is a curated list of customer complaints that have been filed against different fencing companies and the insights we can extract from them.
- Comply with bylaws: ensuring you meet municipal regulations for pool fence height, gate design, and qualitative requirements like ensuring the fence can’t be easily scaled with an adjacent prop increases the safety of your pool as well as helping you avoid additional costs or time for rework. For a full list of bylaws, see here.
- Minimum Height: ensure your fence has the right height to keep children from falling in, refer to specific bylaws for your city.
- Maximum enclosure gaps: to prevent objects from entering and striking anyone in the pool, some cities like Waterloo have restrictions on how wide an enclosure can open (i.e. exclusive of the gate).
- Materials: there are different rules around opening diameters for pool fences that change depending on which materials you are using. For example, see Waterloo bylaws. The most common type of material is chain link or wood fences.
- Submit fence design: in some cities like Cambridge you are required to share a plot plan of your pool indicating where it is located along with a diagram of the pool fence/enclosure that is planned.
- Well designed gate: make sure that your gate meets your city bylaw requirements including relative safety measures like locking mechanisms to keep children from accessing the pool on their own.
- Get home insurance: in the event that guests are injured at the pool at your home, getting your home insured can help you cover the costs of litigation. Costs can quickly escalate for injuries relating to spinal cord or brain damage.
Pool Fencing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do kiddy pools require fencing? As a rule of thumb pools that can completely submerge a child should have fencing for the safety of your family. In Waterloo, a pool that can hold at least 2 feet of water is considered a pool.
- What does “easily scalable” mean? Bylaw enforcement will look at how easy it is to scale your backyard or pool fence. For example, if a child only needs to use a small step stool to get over your pool fence, chances are if an inspection occurs you will be required to increase the height of your fence.
- How long do pool fences usually last? Fences can last anywhere from 5-10 years according to one professional fencing company. However, depending on factors like the climate of Ontario and the workmanship of the fence, this lifespan is certain to decline.
- Should I install my own pool fence or get someone to do it? We recommend going with a qualified service provider who can provide you with the best pool fencing craftsmanship that will last the test of time and elements. Pool fencing may be a simpler matter in moderate climates, but in Ontario, by choosing the right materials, joints, and design you can extend your pool fence by as much as 2-5 years.
- How long does it take to install a pool fencing? Pool fences typically take less than a week to install with labour occurring during the day for optimal visibility. Specific situations may change this timeline.
Here is what a recent customer had to say about Jay Fencing’s service:
“Kelly and the entire team at Jay Fencing were terrific from the beginning of the project to the final clean up. On time and on budget with no extras along the way.”
-Diego, See more Google reviews here.
Secure Pool Fencing Customers Can Count On
Our customers know to look for the Jay Fencing experience, featuring quality workmanship, timely installation, non-disruptive service, and friendly staff to assist with questions or additional requirements. Services and products are selected for your specific needs and tailored to ensure complete satisfaction. Jay Fencing offers the following product categories. You can let the team know if you don’t see what you’re looking for. Here are just some of the quality projects we’ve completed across Ontario.
Feel free to take a look at the other property-enhancing products and services Jay Fencing provides.
Jay Fencing Delivers Safety Pool Fencing Safety
Jay Fencing has been doing pool fencing for many years, along with an extensive list of satisfied customers. The team works to ensure our customers don’t encounter setbacks or inconveniences while we make your dream perimeter fencing project come to life. Count on the experience and detailed planning of the team to help you create a fence that stands the test of time, season after season. Work with Jay Fencing to ensure you walk on a sturdy deck instead of tripping over bylaws.
The best way to determine which fencing option is right for you is to reach out to Jay Fencing Ltd. Let Jay Fencing deal with the fine print and bylaws and security headaches while you focus on your business and family, all at the very best value. With Jay Fencing you can expect these services every time we serve you:
- Master level craftsmanship and attention to lifespan augmentation
- Careful consideration of community requirements
- Personal and property security
- Protected play for children and pets
- Over 28 years of experience delivering quality service to our clients
We service customers everywhere from Stratford to Brantford, Mississauga to Fergus, and everywhere in between. Book a consultation today and Jay Fencing can help you pick the right perimeter for your property.